An online course experience like none other
Have you ever wanted to spent the weekend at an event, immersed yourself in an artists creative process, soaked in the passion that the artist puts into her work and leave so inspired that you want to create all day everyday? But then as that experience gains distance from the present you loose that passion that so inspired you during that weekend because the muse, the Artist, is no longer there encouraging you and pushing you to feel the urge to create with the same freedoms.
48 weeks in an ongoing ever-present event that will envelop you in the creative process and allow you to rewind, revisit and recapture that passion for art on your own terms. It is a full immersion weekend times 12 months.
Learn to hone in on your personal style and channel your intuitive truth by trusting the process. Develop a working repertoire of tricks, product knowledge and skills while creating a years worth of art solidifying yourself as a master of your own artistic domain.
--- the background behind the inspiration for this course.
For the past 6 years I have been art journaling, seriously keeping a visual diary of who I am as an Artist, developing techniques, learning new products and building a comprehensive working knowledge of working in mixed-media layers. almost religiously for the last 3 years of those 6 years, I have been keeping an "Inspiration Journal".
I have used this journal each week as a teaching tool. Just as a student practices her craft, I practiced the creative freedom of letting go, painting intuitively and learning and developing my skills as an artist. I have learned acceptance and creative confidence and in doing so, made that process open to you in the hopes of empowering you each week to believe in the process too.
During those same 3 years, I began trusting the process, I took the next leap into implementing these skills in a larger format, taking the process another step further and applying my art on canvas. I quickly learned bridging the ideas from art journals to canvas gave me a broader understanding of the medias I was working with.
48 weeks, my year long course for 2014, incorporates not only the skills learned through art journaling but also the knowledge gained through working on larger scale canvases. (Kinda like "inspiration Wednesday" and "Canvas Create" had a baby!)
48 weeks is a year long comprehensive online course that empowers each of us to allow the natural ebb and flow of our artistic styles guide the creative process, building a strong foundation for your art, your creative confidence as well as an incredibly vast repertoire of techniques that stretch beyond just the art journal page.
I wanted to create this workshop as the touchstone of each students creative journey. This year long course explores dozens of fascets of the creative process and takes each student beyond the art into a creative awaking each week.
We will create together, working on the pages of our journals each week expressively documenting every milestone as we complete the 48 entries, documenting our growth as an artist in 2014.
Because I have always wanted to fill and complete an A3 Moleskine journal, I am using this LARGE format journal (16 x 22") as my diary of this journey. The actual book you use does not change the process or the practice. I want you to work with whatever you feel the most comfortable working in, you can even choose to work on canvases if that fits your style.
48 weeks is a work at your own pace online course that includes 48 weeks of creative and expressive art that will inspire you to dig deeper into your creative soul, develop your personal style and leave it on the page. Every 3 months you will receive another 12 weeks of course lessons. these lessons are fully downloadable, which means they are yours forever to save, re-watch, rewind and to reference for a lifetime.
I invite all of you to join me this year as I share from my heart, my creative journey and artistic practices that fuel the passion I have for art.
(savings of $157)
plus with the full year registration you get 15 % off ALL YEAR : receive a special coupon code to get 15% off ALL your supplies purchased at donnadowney.com throughout 2014
- First Workshop I've Ever Finished!Review by Tina
- I've enrolled in many online workshops and have never quite been able to complete the entire course for one reason or another. Not the case for 48 Weeks! Happy to say that I completed my 48 week journey just a few weeks ago and what a wonderful ride it was. I look back at some of the pages I created and can't believe that it was something I created. I find myself incorporating techniques that I learned in my work that I'm doing now. Thanks Donna for a wonderful online experience!! (Posted on 2/7/15)
- You Won't Regret Taking This Workshop!Review by Caroline
- The 48Weeks workshop has been such a wonderful experience... I have learned so much and have grown leaps and bounds as an artist! The video lessons are high quality and very professional. They are easy to follow along. Donna explains the techniques in an easy to understand way and shares the why's behind them and the products she uses. She also emphasizes to use what you have on hand. One of the real beauties of the workshop is that it is all self-paced so you can create when you have time when it fits your schedule. I use the techniques learned in the class over and over in other art and craft projects. I am so glad I took part in this fantastic class and invested in me for a change! (Posted on 2/7/15)
- Wonderful classReview by Brenda
- I am only 6 weeks in to the class, but I can already say that I completely love it. So inspiring, fun and challenging. Donna Downey is such a wonderful teacher and artist--I am so thankful I signed up for this course. (Posted on 2/6/15)
- Fantastic LessonsReview by Helen
48 weeks has opened up a complete new world to me. I took the quarterly payment option to make it affordable and hoped it would be as good as I wanted it to be as I’d never taken any of Donna’s classes before.
Have to say its been one of the best investments I’ve ever made. I trained as a textile artist and tutor and now I can see just how my art has expanded to incorporate all these new mixed media and paint techniques (and there are lots of new techniques and ideas from Donna). Now I’m on to wondering how to incorporate the textile work and paint work……. It’s really expanded my repertoire as an artist.
The course runs on a weekly schedule, but even if you fall behind it really doesn’t matter. Just keep going to complete your book (which becomes so heavy with wonderful gesso and paint that you can hardly lift it by the end of the course!) You can download the videos to keep forever and to refer back to. There is a friendly, private Facebook page where you can upload your work (if you want to).
I never really thought I would enjoy it so much, neither did I ever think I would get through so many baby wipes!!!! Its a great course and I’m glad I didn’t hesitate too long before signing up. (Posted on 2/4/15)
- 48 Weeks Rocks!Review by CeeCee
This is one class I will never regret buying!
Whether you're a novice or an enthusiast, 48 weeks will make you fall in love (or in love all over again) with mixed media. The videos are easy to follow and can be paused to suit your pace, the clear and concise instructions on techniques and products are invaluable and Donna's enthusiasm and passion for art transpires all the way through. Donna imparts her extensive knowledge in a very relaxed manner and each week is a brand new project that delves deep into the mixed-media world that will have you get out of your comfort zone in no time. Best of all, each class is delivered with honesty and a bit humour thrown in there for good measure!
Seriously... you can't beat that!
And thank you, Ms. Downey, for such a invaluable "tool".
(Posted on 2/4/15)
- Best Investment in a ClassReview by Jocelyn
- I have absolutely loved this class! I was a bit apprehensive, thinking I could never do this, but Donna is by far the best teacher that I have taken a class with! The videos are Fabulous, and she walks us through all the steps needed to make the most OUTSTANDING art pages. I loved all the new techniques that I learned. I never thought I could do it, but I did!!! The products that we used were awesome, and I was so excited to complete each week to see the end result! I loved that Donna encouraged us to use things that we have in our supplies at home, and whenever we had a question, she was there to answer it and walk us through the process! The group was Fabulous, always encouraging one another and sharing their art with us! I felt like I was in the classroom with Donna right by side!!! So if you are on the fence about this class, jump to the other side and invest in a class that will change your life in the art world! I adore Donna and Bill, and I want to take this time to THANK YOU DONNA, for inspiring me and believing in all of us!!!! TAKE THIS CLASS, you are going to LOVE IT!!!! (Posted on 2/4/15)
- A Growing ExperienceReview by Susan
- Since signing up for the 48 Weeks class, I have become a new me artistically. I am currently about half way through the lessons. (I love that they are self-paced so I never feel pressured.) Donna has a wonderful, warm & amusing teaching style that gives you inspiration and confidence at the same time. Her videos are both educational and entertaining. Working in such a large book is a new experience for me, but so freeing. I love trying all her techniques, experimenting with color & learning how to use some of the products I had purchased previously, but had no clue how to use. My big book is growing daily & I love leafing through it and seeing how much I've grown and changed over the weeks. I'm seeing my own style begin to emerge & and I'm learning how much I LOVE abstract. Who knew? I encourage anyone who is hesitant to call themselves an artist to sign on to this amazing journey. At the end of the road, I expect to find a palette to hang in my studio that says "I am an artist!" (Posted on 2/4/15)
- Greatest investment everReview by Robert Hamel
- If you are looking for a way to increase your knowledge on different products and techniques, learn about art and about yourself, if you want to laugh a little in the process then this workshop is for you. It was by far the best investment I made for myself as a budding artist. I have grown and learned and pushed the boundaries of what I thought I could ever do. In her inimitable way, Donna Downey takes you an the artistic journey of a lifetime. You will never regret the time you spend with Donna on this 48 week journey learning at your own pace, expanding your horizons and discovering that you are an artist. (Posted on 2/4/15)
- Best online class ever!! Review by Robin
- 48 weeks is absolutely one of the best online art classes! I have learned so many amazing and fun techniques!! Working in the big Moleskin journal was a little intimidating at first, but Donna walks you through step by step. The price of this class is worth every penny!! (Posted on 2/4/15)
- 48 weeks Review by Kathy
- I am currently taking the 48 week class from Donna. I have enjoyed it to the fullest. Taking my time with the lessons because I don't want them to end. I have gained such confidence from each week. Donna is very encouraging and I am starting to believe that I am truly an Artist. Thank you again Donna and if you do this again next year count me in! (Posted on 2/4/15)
- Well worth the investment - Fantastic class!!!!Review by anne g-i
- I was a little nervous making such a financial and time commitment to this class but I loved the Inspiration Wednesday videos and I really wanted to grow in my skills. I knew during the very first lesson that it would be well worth it. Yes, I freaked out a few times looking at photos of the upcoming projects but even I - a total newbie - completed each and every one. 48 weeks is an incredible experience! I learned so much about technique and how to use a wide variety of supplies. I loved the variety in styles across the projects - it really helped me figure out my preferred style and to find my artistic voice. Donna is a fabulous teacher. She explains her thought processes as well as the techniques. What are you waiting for? Come join our awesome 48 Weeks community! You will be glad you did! This class totally surpassed my expectations - 7 out 5 stars! (Posted on 2/3/15)
- 48 week workshop..Review by renee
- I am so grateful for the opportunity to take the Donna Downey 48 week journal class..I wish i had the words to be able to describe how much this has meant to me..I am working on the bonus week now..I am so pleased with the pages..the colors the textures..I did things I didn't know I could do..Donna is such a excellent instructor, giving the student the confidence to play, and make the art our own..I have had such kind words of encouragement from so many people..the talent and work I have seen have taken my breath away..I am so proud to be in the company of so many talented women and men.. I am 68 years old..I have seen more growth and confidence in this year long class than ever before..and for the first time in my life I got some of my art framed and it is hanging in my home.. I have never had that confidence before..thank you Donna..thanks you other students for your kind and your encouraging words..again...it has been a honor..money well spent. i do wish i would have bought stock in baby wipes before i started taking the class..:) (Posted on 2/3/15)
- Great, self paced, perfect for the beginning mixed media artistReview by Christine
- i am just beginning to get into mixed media and I find this course to be perfect for the person like me who has little artistic training, but wants to learn more. Since the course is self paced, you can take as long as you like to complete and because the lessons are available for almost forever you can go back time and again to practice the techniques. This is the best $639 I have ever spent for an art class. Highly recommend (Posted on 2/3/15)
- Don't think jump in!Review by Lisa
I was a scrapbooker and handn't even done that in some time.
I was lurking on sites at mixed stuff and it really intrigued me. Then I found Donna's Inspiration Wednesday videos and started playing THEN she announced 48 Weeks.
Although the price seemed high I figured out the cost per the 48 weeks and realized it was a steal.
I JUMPED IN and haven't looked back...
I've grown more than I ever thought possible and I love every single minute of this class.
The book is an amazing journey and you will have the time of your life!!! (Posted on 2/3/15)
- Amazing JourneyReview by Colleen
When I signed up for this course I knew that it would be fun because Donna always makes it fun. I knew it would be a learning experience, learning techniques, products. I was a little concerned because of the length of the course. I think I may have art ADD because I love to move on to different things. What I did not really expect is what an amazingly wonderful, crazy ride it would be.
Every week is different. Donna makes us stretch and grow and we follow her as we learn to trust the process. When my hands and head and heart took me in a different direction for a lesson, Donna always applauded. I began to put myself into my art more than I ever thought possible and now I do that in all my art. And the Facebook group has been so supportive and uplifting. So to Donna I say thanks for creating a course like this that let me create and grow and learn to call myself an artist. I would recommend this course to anyone! (Posted on 2/3/15)
- Best Class EVER!!!Review by Karen
- Thanks to Donna Downey and this wonderful course, my entire life has changed for the best! She taught me to be free by experimenting with my art, all kinds of new and wonderful techniques, and most of all to be fearless! Thank you to the BEST art teacher on this planet. And, now, I am actually selling my art all over the world! Wheeeeee! Donna, you are wonderful, kind, amazingly creative, fair, and most of all FUN!!!!! Thank you for being YOU!!!!! (Posted on 2/3/15)