Jodi Ohl •. March 12-14, 2021
Abstracts in Cold Wax and Oil
10:00 - 4:00
Morning Session will include:
- preparing surfaces
- learning about supplies
- watching demonstration of techniques
- jumpstarting projects
- composition discussions
Afternoon Session will include working on paper and beginning work on wood surfaces.
10:00 - 4:00
Morning Session will include a variety of demonstrations and discussions on layering, revealing and concealing, and working with colors
Afternoon Session will focus on shifting, editing, refining and developing our studies.
Are you interested in creating a series of abstract paintings with oil paints and cold wax, but don't know where to begin?
Join author, instructor and mixed media artist Jodi Ohl in this spectacular and fun filled 3-day workshop where you will learn the basics of painting with oil paints and cold wax! Trying something new is scary, but we will make it easy on you in this clear, step by step process that will cover everything from beginning to end.
In this workshop, the following concepts will be covered:
- How to paint with oil paint and cold wax.
- Learn the process from prepping to completion.
- Create a series of abstract work on paper and wood surfaces.
- Create distinctly textured landscapes and other geometric patterned abstract paintings.
- Explore layering, mark making, and some collage techniques.
- Focus on color, value, and composition where we will be ‘planning for the unexpected”.
Our last session will be spent examining and enhancing our compositions based on the work and discussions leading up to the finalization of our projects.
Students should have ample time to finalize projects. Please note, cold wax and oil paintings do take up to a month to fully dry and cure. If you are traveling by plane, you may want to make arrangements with Donna Downey Studios to ship your work home that may need more time to cure. You may also want to bring wax paper to cover your work up for travel purposes as well.
What supplies/materials you will need for this class:
Most supplies will be provided to you and are included in the cost of the workshop. The minimal list of supplies that students are responsible for bringing will be available for students two months prior to the workshop dates.
* NOTE : Students staying with us in our on-site accommodations will also receive continental breakfast, Chef prepared dinner, unlimited access to studios & art supplies, and on-site amenities. To inquire about on-site lodging contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 704.240.8076 for availability and pricing.
Gift Cards, Studio Workshops, Online Workshops, and Digital Downloads are non-refundable
If you have any questions about our policy please contact us at email@example.com.