Donna Downey • April 9-11, 2021
LIVE ONLINE - Fundamentals of Color & Value
This is a LIVE Virtual 3-DAY Retreat via Zoom
April 9-11, 2021
(Schedule / Eastern Time)
(lunch break each day from 12-1)
Learn to Value Color!
I have spent years developing and teaching my own language of color and value, simplifying the painting process and making it easier for artists to start painting colors that entice. Now, I'm sharing those secrets with you in this 3-day course.
Each day you will explore a completely different color palette as you learn the basics of color mixing. I will teach you how I use color value to intensify the impact of your art and share the secrets to building better "Mother Colors" as well unifying a family of "Cousin Colors" to create color relationships in your art.
Students will need:
- 3 surfaces (these can be any size or substrate you feel most comfortable with. I will be painting on 16x20 canvases so that the instruction will be clearly visible on camera)
- heavy or extra heavy gel medium ( I use this to make my paints thicker)
- Open Medium (I use this to make my acrylics workable longer)
- Notebook or journal to experiment with color mixes and take notes
- heavy body acrylic paints (Golden brand is recommended)
Suggested Colors: (any additional colors would be welcome too!)
- Carbon Black
- Titanium White
- Cadmium Red
- Quinacridone Magenta
- Cadmium Yellow
- Diarylide Yellow
- Yellow Ochre
- Phthalo Green Blue Shade
- Manganese Blue Hue
- Ultramarine Blue
- Dioxazine Purple
optional : projector if you would like specific images to be transferred to large canvas from your iphone. This is a super easy way if you do not like to draw but want a desired look.
Gift Cards, Studio Workshops, Online Workshops, and Digital Downloads are non-refundable
If you have any questions about our policy please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.