Adventures in Oil
Instructor Donna Downey
Date June 14-16, 2019
Explore oil painting through the passion of the artist
Oil paint has changed my life; it has changed my work and opened up a world of possibilities in my art. They do not have to be messy, smelly or difficult to work with if you know the secrets!
We will spend the weekend exploring oil paint applications, how to develop layers and building a broader body of work.
Come with little or no experience because I am excited to share with you my oil painting journey, techniques and tips for successful painting.
*We will be working on surfaces ranging from 8x10 to 16x20, if driving I would recommend bringing pizza boxes for transport. If flying, we offer wet canvas carrier options or will hold your pieces until dry and arrange safe shipping.
JUST THE FACTS!
basic overview of the weekends lessons
- Class size is limited to a 10 student maximum
- This workshop can be done in oils
- We will be working in several sizes from 8x10 up to 16x20
- Lessons focussing on the expressive quality of Oils and applications
- We will explore paint colors, building a palette and color mixing.
- We will be working in a variety of subjects from abstracts to figurative
- Building layers through shadow and light.
- Highlighting the stylistic differences each artist brings to their own painting.
* NOTE : Students staying with us in our on-site accommodations will also receive continental breakfast, Chef prepared dinner, unlimited access to studios & art supplies, and on-site amenities. To inquire about on-site lodging contact email@example.com or call 704.240.8076 for availability and pricing.
Studio events are a 2-4 day immersion in mixed-media art and journaling. These creative weekends are filled with the process driven exploration of creative mediums and applications in an intimate, supportive environment, challenging students to expand their creativity through the exploration of new artistic methods and mediums.
What airport do I fly into?
Charlotte Douglas Airport in North Carolina
Do I need to rent a car?
We offer complimentary rides (at specified times) to and from the airport and shuttle you each day to the studio. For more info, click here.
Where do I stay?
You can either book a room at our new studio or get a special rate with our hotel partner.
To book a room at our studio, email or call us at 704-240-8076 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more info on rooms, click here.
To book a room with a special rate with our hotel partner, see below:
Quality Inn (located 2 miles from Donna Downey Studios)
1550 E Main St, Lincolnton, North Carolina, 28092
Hampton Inn (located 2 miles from Donna Downey Studios)
129 Roper Drive, Lincolnton, North Carolina, 28092
To register online for the special event rate, click here or call and use Donna Downey Studios corporate code 0002759994
What is the cancellation policy?
Purchased class spots are non-refundable. In the event that you cannot attend, and the workshop is sold out, please email email@example.com to be put in contact with the first person on the waiting list. From there, the payment must be worked out between both parties. If there is no waiting list, we are unfortunately unable to provide any refund or credit.
If you would like to enroll in a workshop that has been sold out,
please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be put on a waiting list.
Questions? Contact email@example.com