Amira Rahim "Passion Color Joy" Workshop
1. What is Abstraction?
- Abstract painting is non-objective, non-representational art that uses elements like design, texture, color, and composition to evoke an emotion or express a point of view
- Discuss successful abstract paintings from some of the masters (Diebenkorn, Pollock, Mitchell, OKeefe, etc)
- Before one can understand color, one must understand value
- Create a monochromatic abstract using just 1 color and white/black
3. Composition & Design
- Discuss the basic structure of each (i.e. pattern play, color fields/color blocking, mark making, writing, and several compositional approaches that can be found in abstract art)
- Students will complete one monochromatic painting in one color of their choosing
4. Color Theory
- Introduce my understanding of color theory and my palette preferences (Magenta, Prussian Blue, Dioxide Purple, etc).
- Students will complete a few color mixing exercises to familiarize them with color harmony, warms and cools, and the color wheel
- Students will rework their initial monochromatic piece by introducing 2-3 more colors to incorporate
Friday August 25th - 10:00am-5:00pm
Saturday August 26th - 10:00am-5:00pm
Sunday August 27th - 10:00am-3:00pm
Workshops Policies : Half-day, full-day, multi-day workshops, and special events are scheduled throughout the year. Once you purchase a workshop you will be enrolled.
Due to limited class size, purchased spots for all workshops are transferable but payment is non-refundable. What this means: If you buy a class spot and are unable to attend, and if there is a waiting list of students that has formed, we will put you in contact with the first person on the list to whom you can offer your class spot. If the person on the list accepts, then that person will need to pay you for your spot and once that transaction is complete and both parties are satisfied, we will transfer your spot to the other person. If you are unable to attend and there is no waiting list, we will unfortunately be unable to provide refunds.
Emergency Cancelations : In the very rare event of an emergency or unavoidable natural disaster or act of God, the class may be cancelled. In this situation, all fees will be reimbursed to students in full.If you would like to enroll in a workshop that has been sold out, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be put on a waiting list.
Questions? Contact email@example.com
Annie Lockhart Workshop | March 31st-April 2nd, 2017 ($575)
Soulful Painting Workshop ALL SUPPLIES ARE INCLUDED LUNCH, DRINKS, AND SNACKS WILL BE PROVIDED I am so excited to invite you to join me for a weekend of sweet,...
Experiments in Mixed Media with Carol Nelson | April 21-23rd 2017
Sold Out - $ 675.00
Experiments in Mixed Media Carol Nelson April 21-23rd 2017 Class : This workshop will feature a series of projects in which we will explore different mixed media techniques Carol uses...
NEW "Fear no Easel" Workshop | April 25-27th, 2017 ($725)
To allow for one-on-one instructions -Class size limited to ONLY 14 students ALL supplies provided Lunches & snacks provided all 3 days Dinner provided at the studio Wednesday night Event Overview If you...
inspired ARTIST Workshop | April 28-30th, 2017
Inspired. Studio Workshops are a three-day immersion in mixed-media art and art journaling. This creative weekend is filled with the process driven exploration of creative mediums and applications in an...