- Workshop Lessons
- Register for Immediate Access
Artist Studies Workshop
$ 225.00 $ 350.00
Instructor Donna Downey
Artist Studies is a 12-month course featuring 12 Master Artists that have in some way altered the way I think about art. Each month with be dedicated to a single artist.
As a self-taught artist, I have often found my curiosity piqued by the works of the great artists that have come before me. I began on my own personal journey to study the artists whose work resonated with me. As I dug deeper into each artists’ unique methods, color palettes and personal struggles I found myself infusing bits of their stories into my own work. The more I learned, the more I appreciated the lineage of my own art journey. These Artist Studies have provided me with a powerful and meaningful shift in my work. I have begun to see more clearly in my appreciation of art as well in the implementation.
What you can expect each month:
- A talkie video from me introducing the artist and a brief explanation of why the artist was included in this series.
- A downloadable outline of the moments and achievements from history that I found fascinating, including images and reference suggestions for further study.
- Video lessons inspired by each artist’s body of work or techniques.
- If applicable, downloadable images used as reference photos.
- Lessons will be available (to watch/download) in the online classroom on the first of each month and are self-guided. Students may resonate with the work of some artists more than others. I encourage you to follow along the paths that these artists lead you!
Artists we will be covering:
- Paul Cézanne
- Edgar Degas
- Paul Klee
- Edouard Vuillard
- Pierre Bonnard
- Henri Matisse
- Anders Zorn
- Paula Modersohn-Becker
- Pablo Picasso
- Egon Schiele
- Amedeo Modigliani
- Kees van Dongen
ALL MEDIA, ALL SURFACES AND ALL SKILL LEVELS WELCOME.
I have designed this workshop to incorporate a little bit of everything.
You’re welcome to do these lessons in any medium you prefer! I will be working with a variety of mediums (acrylics, oils, watercolor, mixed-media) and on a variety of surfaces (journal, canvas).
In this workshop, I will not be focusing on replicating the works of the masters, rather learning to use inspiration from their processes to broaden the scope of our own art.
Join me on this journey as we discover and learn by visiting the past while painting in the present.
WORKSHOP STARTS JANUARY 1ST 2018
SAVE TODAY WITH OUR EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION OR TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR PAYMENT PLAN!
The workshop is designed for you to work at your own pace. All lessons are fully downloadable, which means they are yours forever to save, re-watch, rewind and reference for a lifetime.