A beginner’s course in oils
this 2-day STUDIO WORKSHOP is Limited to ONLY 6 STUDENTS
Learning to use oil paints has truly opened up an incredible new artistic discovery for me. I, like many, was one of those people who confidently rambled off all of the reasons why I wouldn’t like using oils instead of giving them a try.
As like most things I embark on, once I opened my mind and my heart I absolutely have fell in love with this media.
Yes it is absolutely different then acrylics.
Yes it takes longer to dry.
Yes it can get messy.
Yes taking up oils will mean you will have to buy more paint, oil paint.
But it is for all these reasons and at least a dozen more I could easily rattle off, that I have more and more been contemplating the switch from acrylics to oils.
Topics covered in this 2-day workshop
- Products, tools and usage – the basic down and dirty donna style about oil painting!
- Choosing your palette – what colors are must haves and which ones do YOU need to have!
- Setting up your work area – this is one of the most important things. Once I figured that out it was smooth sailing.
- Prepping your surface – again a game changer.
- Working from still life – I thought I hated working from still life…not anymore!
- Mapping in your design – basic shape identifying
- Where to start building your color layers – this is the big question right? What do I do first? With a couple easy steps we will conquer this together!
- How to finish your piece – To varnish or not to varnish, that is the question!
- Drying/storage – stack ‘em up!
provided for each student:
* Students may want to purchase Wet Panel and Canvas Carriers to make transporting wet artwork easier
Homeschool Painting 6 week class Feb - March 2017. Thursdays 10am - 12pm
Homeschool Painting six-week workshop Donna Downey Studios Instructor: Stephen Lursen (704)819-8758 firstname.lastname@example.org This 6-week homeschool art class will have a primary focus on painting. All paintings will be on...
Seth Apter "A Library of Memories" Workshop | March 10-12th 2017
ALL SUPPLIES INCLUDED. BREAKFAST, LUNCH, SNACKS, & DRINKS PROVIDED!! Class size limited.... Seth's Bio Seth Apter is a mixed media artist, instructor, author and designer from New York City. His...
Lisa Daria "Every Day Painting" Workshop | March 18-19th 2017
Class : I mark each day with a painting.After 2300 days (including Christmas) I've no intention of stopping. I use painting as an insistent act of documentation and with it,...
Expressions in Paint with Claire Desjardins | March 21st-23rd 2017
Expressions in Paint Workshop with Claire Desjardins March 21-23rd 2017 CLASS SIZE IS VERY LIMITED!!!!!! Artist Bio: Claire Desjardins comes from a long line of artists and grew up in Montreal, Canada....