- Workshop Lessons
- Register for Immediate Access
"Lets Grow Your Art Business" Workshop
Instructor bill and donna downey
Date March 16-18, 2018
"Lets Grow Your Art Business" Workshop
YOUR KEY TO SUCCESS IN MAKING ART A BUSINESS
With more than 15 years of experience behind us, we know the world of making art into a business. More importantly, we know how to share our knowledge, experience and solutions to best help you create, build and grow your art into a business.
Are you looking to make your Art into a career but not sure where to start?
Have you been planning on designing and opening your own online and/or brick & mortar studio?
Do you already have your own online shop and/or studio and looking for ways to expand your business and increase your profits?
If you said YES to any of these questions, then we can help!!!
Our Art Business Workshop is designed to give you the information and training needed to succeed in today's highly competitive art market. This workshop insures a personalized experience led by Donna and Bill Downey who have owned/operated a successful art studio and online shop for over 15 years. We will also have Zhon Cole, who is our Director of IT & Digital Marketing, helping us determine your best social media and technology solutions!
We work hard to ensure that our clients walk away with a comprehensive understanding of the art industry and the confidence to launch or increase their own successful business.
This full immersion style class methodology allows you, as the Artist and business owner, to gain the confidence and competency to operate your art business efficiently successfully.
Our Art Business Workshop includes start-up, operations, management, and hands-on training in our studio. This workshop is designed for Artists, prospective business owners, and existing studio owners. Our students have a true passion and dedication for succeeding in the art industry and want to perfect their craft.
Friday March 16th 12:00pm-5:00pm: Determining Your Goals
- Developing and/or fine tuning your Story, Brand, Niche.
- Setting up your art studio.
- Creating your body of work & style.
Saturday March 17th 10:00am-5:00pm: Setting Up Your Website & Technology
- Designing, improving, developing and working on your Website.
- Web Design Fundamentals.
- Ecommerce Optimization/best Practices
- Building Your Website (Squarespace, Shopify, WordPress)
- Ecommerce, Blogs, & Portfolio
- Discuss Website Themes, Customization, custom builds.
- What website Apps to use.
- How to set up your Domain, Hosting, & Ecommerce Platform
- Discuss Metrics & Analytics to track your progress
Sunday March 18th 10:00am-3:00pm: Marketing Your Business & Social Media
- Ways of selling your Artwork (Original Art, Prints & Merchandise)
- Commissions & Licensing
- Online Workshops
- In-Person Workshops
- Email Marketing & Email Marketing Basics
- Choosing an Email Marketing Platform (MailChimp, Klaviyo, Pros & Cons)
- Building your customer list (one of your most valuable assets)
- Paid Advertising (Facebook Ads, Instagram, Pinterest & etc.)
- Contextual vs. Intent Traffic
- Sales Funnels
- Customer Targeting Best practices
- Paid Advertising Platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Google, Youtube)
- Ads Basics – Elements of a successful campaign (Objective, Choosing your audience (look-a-like audiences)
- Retargeting techniques
Donna Downey Studios Workshops Policies : Half-day, full-day, multi-day workshops, and special events are scheduled throughout the year. Once you purchase a workshop you will be enrolled.
Due to limited class size, purchased spots for all workshops are transferable but payment is non-refundable. What this means: If you buy a class spot and are unable to attend, and if there is a waiting list of students that has formed, we will put you in contact with the first person on the list to whom you can offer your class spot. If the person on the list accepts, then that person will need to pay you for your spot and once that transaction is complete and both parties are satisfied, we will transfer your spot to the other person. If you are unable to attend and there is no waiting list, we will unfortunately be unable to provide refunds.
Emergency Cancellations : In the very rare event of an emergency or unavoidable natural disaster or act of God, the class may be cancelled. In this situation, all fees will be reimbursed to students in full.
If you would like to enroll in a workshop that has been sold out, please send an email to email@example.com and you will be put on a waiting list.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org