Donna Downey • August 28-30, 2020
LIVE ONLINE - Expressive Figurative and Portrait
Students should expect to complete 2-4 pieces of art.
Students may work in acrylic or oil
In this retreat, students will:
- use photo references (students encourages to bring personal references to work from)
- develop the figure using value and tone
- break the cycle of painting too tight
- broad your brushwork
- work with brushwork as well as palette knife and rubber scraper
- explore color mixing for skin tones
- abstract the figure for more expressive energy
- use shadow and light to shape the figure/portrait
All skill levels encourage to participate in this 3-day ONLINE LIVE Retraet via Zoom. As a teacher I meet you where you are and push you beyond what you think you can achieve. Figures and portraits are full of life and energy and it is the goal of the workshop the help you paint more expressively and with out fear.
Students will need:Surfaces can be paper or canvas
Gift Cards, Studio Workshops, Online Workshops, and Digital Downloads are non-refundable
If you have any questions about our policy please contact us at email@example.com.