Michael deMeng Mad Alchemist Apothecary
Instructor Michael DeMeng
Date July 21-23, 2017
Michael deMeng Mad Alchemist Apothecary Workshop
Friday July 21st : 10:00am-5:00pm
Saturday July 22nd: 10:00am-5:00pm
Sunday July 23rd: 10:00am-3:00pm
In this class we are going to play with a little hocus pocus of years gone by and create an apothecary box for special potions to remedy whatever ails you. The apothecary box will be highly personalized, using found objects and the process of assemblage and you'll modify the bottles and containers for all your elixirs and concoctions. In one instance I created a kit for artists who also happen to be vampire hunters...you never can be too careful. The skies the limit: love potions, shrinking pills, anti-snoring balms…whatever inspires you. Hurry, hurry step right up and enter a land of the wondrous and strange
What to bring for Michael's workshop....( ALL MAIN SUPPLIES ARE INCLUDED)
1. A case, jewelry box, cosmetic case you would like to use as the structure…this can be as big as you want but remember that you have to get it back home with you. Don’t spend a ton of money on this…we are going to alter it…dramatically
2. Some variety of vials, perfume bottles, etc. that can be made out of anything under the sun.
3. Variety of found objects that might be interesting additions to the apothecary case. The more medically the better. Really anything interesting looking, weird or a combination of both will be perfect. You will most definitely find some interesting things to incorporate while we are in New Orleans
4. Ephemera - you will need some stuff to label you potions. Various types of papers, photographs, or books will come in handy
5. Scraps of material like burlap, velvet, or leather might be nice to adorn the case interior as an option. Paper will work too.
Donna Downey Studios Workshops Policies : Half-day, full-day, multi-day workshops, and special events are scheduled throughout the year. Once you purchase a workshop you will be enrolled.
Due to limited class size, purchased spots for all workshops are transferable but payment is non-refundable. What this means: If you buy a class spot and are unable to attend, and if there is a waiting list of students that has formed, we will put you in contact with the first person on the list to whom you can offer your class spot. If the person on the list accepts, then that person will need to pay you for your spot and once that transaction is complete and both parties are satisfied, we will transfer your spot to the other person. If you are unable to attend and there is no waiting list, we will unfortunately be unable to provide refunds.
Emergency Cancelations : In the very rare event of an emergency or unavoidable natural disaster or act of God, the class may be cancelled. In this situation, all fees will be reimbursed to students in full.If you would like to enroll in a workshop that has been sold out, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be put on a waiting list.
Questions? Contact email@example.com
Studio events are a 2-4 day immersion in mixed-media art and journaling. These creative weekends are filled with the process driven exploration of creative mediums and applications in an intimate, supportive environment, challenging students to expand their creativity through the exploration of new artistic methods and mediums.
What airport do I fly into?
Charlotte Douglas Airport in North Carolina
Do I need to rent a car?
No, we will pick you up from the airport and shuttle you each day to the studio
Where can I park?
Parking is located along the left side of the building
Which hotel do I book?
Hilton Garden Inn (located 4 miles from Donna Downey Studios)
9315 Statesville Road, Charlotte, North Carolina, 28269
To register online for the special event rate, click here or call and use Donna Downey Studios corporate code DOWNEY STUDIO
If you would like to enroll in a workshop that has been sold out,
please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be put on a waiting list.
Questions? Contact email@example.com