Michael deMeng Mad Alchemist Apothecary Workshop
Friday July 21st : 10:00am-5:00pm
Saturday July 22nd: 10:00am-5:00pm
Sunday July 23rd: 10:00am-3:00pm
In this class we are going to play with a little hocus pocus of years gone by and create an apothecary box for special potions to remedy whatever ails you. The apothecary box will be highly personalized, using found objects and the process of assemblage and you'll modify the bottles and containers for all your elixirs and concoctions. In one instance I created a kit for artists who also happen to be vampire hunters...you never can be too careful. The skies the limit: love potions, shrinking pills, anti-snoring balms…whatever inspires you. Hurry, hurry step right up and enter a land of the wondrous and strange
What to bring for Michael's workshop....( ALL MAIN SUPPLIES ARE INCLUDED)
1. A case, jewelry box, cosmetic case you would like to use as the structure…this can be as big as you want but remember that you have to get it back home with you. Don’t spend a ton of money on this…we are going to alter it…dramatically
2. Some variety of vials, perfume bottles, etc. that can be made out of anything under the sun.
3. Variety of found objects that might be interesting additions to the apothecary case. The more medically the better. Really anything interesting looking, weird or a combination of both will be perfect. You will most definitely find some interesting things to incorporate while we are in New Orleans
4. Ephemera - you will need some stuff to label you potions. Various types of papers, photographs, or books will come in handy
5. Scraps of material like burlap, velvet, or leather might be nice to adorn the case interior as an option. Paper will work too.
Donna Downey Studios Workshops Policies : Half-day, full-day, multi-day workshops, and special events are scheduled throughout the year. Once you purchase a workshop you will be enrolled.
Due to limited class size, purchased spots for all workshops are transferable but payment is non-refundable. What this means: If you buy a class spot and are unable to attend, and if there is a waiting list of students that has formed, we will put you in contact with the first person on the list to whom you can offer your class spot. If the person on the list accepts, then that person will need to pay you for your spot and once that transaction is complete and both parties are satisfied, we will transfer your spot to the other person. If you are unable to attend and there is no waiting list, we will unfortunately be unable to provide refunds.
Emergency Cancelations : In the very rare event of an emergency or unavoidable natural disaster or act of God, the class may be cancelled. In this situation, all fees will be reimbursed to students in full.If you would like to enroll in a workshop that has been sold out, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be put on a waiting list.
Questions? Contact email@example.com
Mindy Lacefield Workshop | October 22-23rd 2016 ($525)
Class : Join me as we revisit our 8 year old inner child as we give ourselves permission to play. We will learn to let go and have fun as...
Encaustic Painting" with donna downey | October 28-30th, 2016
ALL SUPPLIES ARE INCLUDED LUNCH, DRINKS, AND SNACKS WILL BE PROVIDED FRIDAY, SATURDAY, & SUNDAY. Event Schedule Friday October 28th - 11:00am-5:00pm Saturday October 29th- 10am-5:00pm Sunday October 30th -10am-3:00pm Workshops Policies...
"Abstract Floral" Workshop | Nov 2-3rd, 2016
Sold Out - $ 525.00
SPECIAL DONNA DOWNEY NEW EVENT Class size limited.... Event Overview Spend two days with Donna painting "Abstract Florals". Using GOLDEN paints, build a basic working knowledge of color, layering, blending, experiment...
Junelle Jacobsen Workshop | November 4-6th, 2016 ($575)
JUNELLE IS COMING BACK TO THE STUDIO!!!!! I am Yes and Amen, Junelle Jacobsen ~ avid photojournalist | prolific sketcher | wild art teacher and mentor | mum of...