Set your portraits apart from the rest!
Portraits can be an intimidating subject. But not with Art At the Speed of Life author and workshop instructor Pam Carriker as your teacher. She helps you take on faces one quick sketch at a time for faster, easier, more enjoyable drawing and painting. Not your average book on drawing the face, Mixed Media Portraits With Pam Carriker shows easy ways to draw more realistic faces in your own signature style. The goal is not an immaculate finished portrait, but a continually growing collection of personal, expressive sketches that you can use and reuse in your mixed-media work.
Inside youll find:
- An easy-to-learn face-mapping technique that allows you to draw faces from your imagination, without a model or photo in front of you
- Mini-demonstrations breaking down each facial feature
- Simple color combinations for mixing both realistic and out-of-the-ordinary skin tones
- 15 step-by-step projects featuring original ways to use your portraits as starting points for mixed-media masterpieces
- Tons of expert tips, from selecting the right pencil for the job to creating self-portraits, working with reference photos and using transfer techniques
Item Dimensions: 8" L x 0.5" W x 10" H
inspiration wednesday 2017 membership
A new year of Wednesdays filled inspiration and possibility! Your IW membership includes private blog access to a full year’s worth of Inspiration Wednesday videos, supplies lists and photos every...
inspiration journal EXTRA-signature
purchase an additional signature ... each journal can hold up to possibly 3 signatures depending on how "chunky" you work. each signature has (12) 6 x 9 pages (24 front...
10 – 10x10 canvases in 10 days Workshop
$ 37.50 $ 75.00
The idea of working in series is about investing the time to take a deeper, more full look at particular ideas, themes, or compositions in a more meaningful way. It...
"the ART of GELLI prints" online workshop
$ 32.50 $ 65.00
Learn to use the Gelli plate & incorporate layered looks into your art!! Online workshop includes over 30+ techniques, tools and layering suggestions & 4 projects !!