Set your portraits apart from the rest!
Portraits can be an intimidating subject. But not with Art At the Speed of Life author and workshop instructor Pam Carriker as your teacher. She helps you take on faces one quick sketch at a time for faster, easier, more enjoyable drawing and painting. Not your average book on drawing the face, Mixed Media Portraits With Pam Carriker shows easy ways to draw more realistic faces in your own signature style. The goal is not an immaculate finished portrait, but a continually growing collection of personal, expressive sketches that you can use and reuse in your mixed-media work.
Inside youll find:
- An easy-to-learn face-mapping technique that allows you to draw faces from your imagination, without a model or photo in front of you
- Mini-demonstrations breaking down each facial feature
- Simple color combinations for mixing both realistic and out-of-the-ordinary skin tones
- 15 step-by-step projects featuring original ways to use your portraits as starting points for mixed-media masterpieces
- Tons of expert tips, from selecting the right pencil for the job to creating self-portraits, working with reference photos and using transfer techniques
Item Dimensions: 8" L x 0.5" W x 10" H
The Complete Oil Painter: The Essential Reference for Beginners to Professionals by Brian Gorst
Oils are perhaps the most versatile of all paint mediums. Yet for many artists oil painting is either shrouded in mystique or considered very difficult. Filled with clear, step-by-step instructions...
Dramatic Color Landscape by Brian Keeler
Readers will fill their paintings with brilliant color for favorite seasonal settings and interesting lighting situations such as spring light, winter landscapes, fall foliage, summer scenes, sunrise, lush greens, shady...
How To Draw And Paint The Figure With Impact by Sharon Pinsker
Showcases a wide range of artistic styles making it the perfect title for the budding realistic fashion, fantasy or contemporary illustrator · Practical tips and a stunning gallery of artwork...
Acrylic Expressions by Staci Swider
Learn how to find and express personal themes throughout a variety of painting formats to create a consistent series and body of work. • Clear instruction for current painting approach...