The R&F Encaustic Paint Studio Startup Set contains all the gear and materials you need to outfit your first encaustic studio. Assembled by Blick and R&F, it includes everything from a heated palette and heat gun to paints, brushes, and panels. It even includes the bible of the medium — The Art of Encaustic Painting by Joanne Mattera.
This ancient art form — now experiencing a modern renaissance — offers exciting creative possibilities for contemporary painters and mixed media artists. Discover its potential with the following materials:
16" × 16"Electric palette for melting encaustic colors and mediums
- Heat gun for fusing
- 14, 40 ml R&F Encaustic Paint cakes, including Burnt Sienna, Mars Yellow Light, Ultramarine Blue, Payne’s Gray, Celadon, Indian Yellow, Sap Green, Cadmium Yellow Medium, Cadmium Green Pale, Cadmium Red Medium, Cobalt Blue, Iridescent Pearl, Alizarin Orange, and Rose Madder
- 2, 104 ml R&F Encaustic Paint cakes, including Titanium White and Ivory Black
- 1 lb Bag of R&F Encaustic Medium pellets
- 16 oz Container of R&F Encaustic Gesso
- 3 R&F Encaustic Brushes, including #10 Flat, #14 Bright, and #12 Round
8" × 10"Ampersand Encausticbords
- 3 Large palette cups
- Soy wax for cleanup
- Handpainted color chart of all 80 R&F Encaustic Paint colors
- The Art of Encaustic Painting by Joanne Mattera
inspiration wednesday 2016 membership
A new year of Wednesdays filled inspiration and possibility! Your IW membership includes private blog access to a full year’s worth of Inspiration Wednesday videos, supplies lists and photos every...
inspiration wednesday 2017 membership
10 – 10x10 canvases in 10 days Workshop
$ 50.00 $ 75.00
The idea of working in series is about investing the time to take a deeper, more full look at particular ideas, themes, or compositions in a more meaningful way. It...
inspiration wednesday 2015 membership
inspiration wednesday is important to me and having been able to connect with so many of you, i also know it was just as important to you. working in an...