Donna Downey is a bestselling author, instructor and all-around creative force. As a mixed-media artist, Donna is a born experimenter, blending and transforming both traditional and unexpected items into meaningful pieces of self expression. A former elementary school teacher, she has synthesized her first love of teaching with her passion for Art and brings this to women via workshops and events around the world. Donna is consistently on the leading edge of taking creative risks that push the creative envelope and empowering others to do the same with their art.
Originally from the Jersey shore, Donna lives and operates her Studio in North Carolina with her incredibly supportive husband and manager, and is a mother of three exceptionally blonde children, two chihuahuas and one beloved lemon beagle.
"All things material can be creatively transformed into a personal piece of artistic interpretation. That creativity is not a measure of skill, but a passion. That art comes from within and is a visual extension of ones self. That everyone is perfect just the way they create. That art cannot be defined, but rather is defining."
Donna Downey Studios Angel Policy...
We want to encourage everyone to use Donna's products to create your artwork for your own use and for resale. Here are just a few restrictions we have to protect Donna and her work.
1. All of Donna's stencils and stamps designs are original artwork owned by Donna Downey Studios.
2. Reproduction of any portion of our images or website without prior written permission is not allowed. None of our images may be mechanically reproduced or copied by any means including, but not limited to, photocopying, computer scanning and printing, using overhead or opaque projectors for enlarging or hand-copying images, or any other means.
Through our Angel Policy, we grant permission in the form of a limited license to use DD Studios images to create artwork and crafts that can be sold under the following terms and conditions:
1. Each project must individually hand stamped and may not be reproduced or copied using any means other than hand stamping. This includes photocopying, printing, tracing, scanning, etc. Mass production and use of paid workers is not allowed.
2. You may not copy or rent our products. Our stamps and stencils are for your personal use only.
3. Donna Downey Studios images may not be used for logos, trademarks or promotional materials.