- Workshop Lessons 17 Videos (2 hours, 15 minutes)
- Lesson 1: Tools and Supplies (19:59)
- Lesson 2: Preparing your Surface (17:28)
- Lesson 3: Adding Collage (20:26)
- Lesson 4: Image Transfer (10:23)
- Lesson 5: Adding Color and Building Layers (12:27)
- Register for Immediate Access
The Ultimate Guide to Learning Encaustic
Instructor donna downey
Course Length 17 Videos (2 hours, 15 minutes)
Encaustic is one of the oldest forms of painting using wax layers applied hot and then reheated to fuse the layers together. In this course students will explore encaustic by gaining a core understanding of fundamental technique, and different styles of application and design. By the end of this course students will have a strong baseline understanding for launching themselves into encaustic art.
Once registered, students will gain immediate access to the online classroom. The online classroom will be the learning center for this workshop where you will find the 16 video lessons, important links, downloadables and information. All the lessons are fully downloadable allowing each student time to work at their own pace and the classroom access NEVER expires.
Note: all 6 sample course images were created from start to finish from the lessons in this course.