Donna Downey is a New Jersey native now living and working out of her studio in Huntersville, NC. As a painter, bestselling author, instructor and all-around creative force, she is a born experimenter, blending and transforming both traditional and unexpected elements into meaningful pieces of self-expression. A former elementary school teacher, she has synthesized her love of teaching with her passion for art and brings this to women via workshops and events around the world. Donna is consistently on the leading edge of taking risks that push the creative envelope and empowering others to do the same with their art. Her work can be found in private and public collections around the world.
"My work is evolutionary, an ever changing palette of colors in constant motion. As a painter, I find the process of applying paint to canvas a bit sexy. Intimately developing a relationship to the movement across the surface and losing myself in the strokes of color the brush leaves behind.
Because my art takes root in its color, I begin placing the colors like a map intuitively allowing the composition to reveal itself. The paintings develop in response to the energy created and it is as meditative as it is necessary to my personal connection to my art. I love a challenge of switching between media and it is not unusual to find me varying my canvas size from 6” to 6'."
Donna Downey Studios Angel Policy...
We want to encourage everyone to use Donna's products to create your artwork for your own use and for resale. Here are just a few restrictions we have to protect Donna and her work.
- All of Donna's stencils and stamps designs are original artwork owned by Donna Downey Studios.
- Reproduction of any portion of our images or website without prior written permission is not allowed. None of our images may be mechanically reproduced or copied by any means including, but not limited to, photocopying, computer scanning and printing, using overhead or opaque projectors for enlarging or hand-copying images, or any other means.
- Through our Angel Policy, we grant permission in the form of a limited license to use DD Studios images to create artwork and crafts that can be sold under the following terms and conditions:
- Each project must individually hand stamped and may not be reproduced or copied using any means other than hand stamping. This includes photocopying, printing, tracing, scanning, etc. Mass production and use of paid workers is not allowed.
- You may not copy or rent our products. Our stamps and stencils are for your personal use only.
- Donna Downey Studios images may not be used for logos, trademarks or promotional materials.